[ Who and what is Catus ]
Catus is run by Dr. Stephanie Trossbach. She is a lawyer, Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional and Certified Fraud Examiner, as well as Certified Compliance Officer, Health Economist and Data Protection Officer. Dr. Stephanie Trossbach has extensive experience in successfully developing, implementing and further refining compliance programs in companies.
[ Experience profile ]
Before founding Catus, Dr. Trossbach worked for a long period as a lawyer in a major law firm (Global Top 5) and for several years in a leading healthcare company (German Stock Index top 30) in various compliance positions. Dr. Trossbach has worked both in Germany and abroad, including two years in the U.S. This makes her more than just an experienced legal advisor. She is also familiar with the particular challenges faced by compliance and legal departments. Her know-how focus lies on the healthcare and life science sectors, however she represents a wide range of companies in different industries, from listed companies to medium-sized companies in national and international structures.
If you want to learn more, read my CV in detail.
[ What I can do for companies ]
Legal requirements pose a number of challenges for companies and managers. Companys’ management and thus compliance and legal departments are faced with increasingly complex rules. In particular, requirements for compliance management systems (CMS), including efficient whistleblower protection and data protection have increased continuously in the past few years. Catus supports companies in implementing these requirements in a risk-appropriate manner and with a clear ‘pro-business’ focus.
“There is no favorable wind for the sailor who doesn’t know where to go.”
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
[ What makes me special ]
Compliance consulting is based on profound experience and can only be delegated in very few cases. Dr. Stephanie Trossbach is Catus. After many years in large units, she decided to only provide personal consulting and to forego the development of clientèle. Catus thus stands for direct and qualified consulting as the basis of mutual success. Catus can fall back on the support of selected experts as needed.
- „Effective Compliance Risk Management in Environments of Increasing Regulatory Expectations”, May 2021, for the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE) – go to Webinar
- Rising Compliance Expectations and Entrepreneurial Risk or The Bed of Procrustes, CCZ (Corporate Compliance Zeitschrift) 2021 – go to Beck-Shop
- Risk as Part of Entrepreneurial Freedom amidst the Current Compliance Expectations and Corporate Governance Regulations, in: Mirko Bange (ed.): Legal Issues Pertaining to Social and Economic Change in 2020 – go to article
- Compliance: External Lawyers as Legal-Project-Managers in Legal Departments – Beck Stellenmarkt, 2020 – read online
- Risks Associated with International Assignments, Expat News, 2018 – read online
- Business Partner Compliance, CCZ 2017 – go to article
- Compliance in the Pharmaceutical Industry, in: Hauschka, Compliance Formularbuch, 2013 – go to Beck-Shop
- Custody Reasons of Danger of Recidivism and Severity of the Crime (sec 112a, 112 para 3 German Code of Criminal Procedure) – go to Nomos-Shop